|Opening Date: July 31, 2020||Deadline: April 30, 2021|
|Remaining Days: On going||Category: Fully Funded|
|Course Level: PhD, Masters, Bachelor||Location: United States (US)|
Excelsior Scholarship Program Application for 2021-2022
Excelsior Scholarship Program 2021-2022, in mix with other students financial guide programs, permits students to go to a SUNY or CUNY schooling cost free.
Coverage & Benefits of Excelsior Scholarship
A beneficiary of an Excelsior Scholarship may get up to $5,500. To decide the honor sum, the 2016-17 inhabitant educational cost rate charged by SUNY ($6,470) or CUNY ($6,330) will be decreased by the measure of certain other student monetary guide grants which a candidate has or will get for the scholarly year, including a NYS Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) grant and additionally government Pell award.
The Excelsior Scholarship will cover any leftover educational cost obligation up to $5,500, and an educational cost credit will cover any excess educational cost costs not covered by the Excelsior Scholarship.
Eligibility/Criteria for Excelsior Scholarship Program
For Excelsior Scholarship Program 2021, a candidate should:
- Be an occupant of NYS and have dwelled in NYS for 12 persistent months before the start of the term.
- be a citizen of U.S or eligible non-resident.
- have either moved on from secondary school in the United States, procured a secondary school equivalency confirmation, or passed a governmentally affirmed “Capacity to Benefit” test, as characterized by the Commissioner of the State Education Department.
- have a consolidated government changed gross income of $125,000 or less.
- be seeking after a college degree at a SUNY or CUNY school, including junior colleges and the legal schools at Cornell University and Alfred University.
- be taken a crack at any rate 12 credits for every term and complete in any event 30 credits every year (progressively), appropriate toward their degree program through constant investigation with no break in enlistment aside from specific reasons that can be archived.
- whenever went to school preceding the 2019-20 scholastic year, have acquired at any rate 30 credits every year (progressively), appropriate toward their degree program before applying for an Excelsior Scholarship.
- be in a non-default status on an understudy loan made under any NYS or government instruction advance program or on the reimbursement of any NYS grant.
- be in consistence with the particulars of the administration condition(s) forced by any NYS grant that you have recently gotten.
- execute a Contract consenting to dwell in NYS for the time span the honor was gotten, and, whenever utilized during such time, be utilized in NYS.
Scholarship Program Duration
A beneficiary of an Excelsior Scholarship is qualified to get grant installments for not over two years of full-time undergraduate study in a program prompting a partner’s degree or four years of full-time undergrad study, or five years if the program of study ordinarily requires five years, in a program prompting a four year certification.
Excelsior Scholarship Payment
To get grant installments after the underlying application year, an Excelsior Scholarship beneficiary should every year finish the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the NYS Student Aid Payment Application every year.
Catching up on Credits
A student who isn’t on target to finish an Associate’s degree in two continuous years or a Bachelor’s certificate in four successive years (which requires fruition of what might be compared to 30 credits every scholastic year) can make up for lost time with missing credits to get qualified for an Excelsior Scholarship.
On the off chance that you effectively acquire extra credits during a term or scholastic year and refocus to finishing your degree on schedule, you will be qualified to get an Excelsior Scholarship for the rest of your college degree program.
Other Opportunity Programs
In the event that you are in a chance program, the Excelsior Scholarship program permits five years to finish your degree on schedule (which requires culmination of what might be compared to 24 credits every scholastic year).
5 Years Undergraduate Programs
On the off chance that you are in an undergraduate program of study regularly requiring five-years, the Excelsior Scholarship program permits five years to finish your degree on schedule (which requires fruition of what might be compared to 30 credits every scholastic year).
How do I apply for Excelsior Scholarship Program?
Student recently applying for NYS monetary guide under the arrangements of the DREAM Act should initially apply for qualification under the NYS DREAM Act prior to applying for the Excelsior Fulbright Scholarship. On the off chance that you have recently qualified under the NYS DREAM Act, you will just have to add another application to apply for the Excelsior Scholarship.
Application Detail: Click here