|Opening Date: January 11, 2022||Deadline: July 31, 2022|
|Course Starts: 2022||Category: Fully Funded|
|Course Level: PhD, Masters||Location: United States (US)|
Excelsior Scholarship Program 2022-2023 Fully Funded | Apply Online
Excelsior Scholarship 2022-2023 are now accepting online applications from all qualified students. In conjunction with other student financial assistance programs. The Excelsior Scholarship permits students to attend a SUNY or CUNY institution tuition-free.
A recipient of an Excelsior Scholarship is eligible to receive award payments for no more than two years of full-time undergraduate study in a programme leading to an associate’s degree. Or four years of full-time undergraduate study, or five years if the programme of study normally requires five years, in a programme leading to a bachelor’s degree.
Furthermore, a student who is not on schedule to complete an Associate’s degree in two consecutive years or a Bachelor’s degree in four consecutive years. Which requires completion of the equivalent of 30 credits per academic year can catch up on credits to become eligible for an Excelsior Scholarship. If you successfully gain extra credits during a term or academic year and get back on schedule to finish your degree on time. Also, you will be eligible for an Excelsior Scholarship for the duration of your undergraduate degree programme. You may also check: Excelsior Scholarship 2022
Coverage & Benefits of Excelsior Scholarship
Additionally, an Excelsior Scholarship winner may get up to $5,500. So, to calculate the award amount, the 2016-21 resident tuition rate charged by SUNY ($6,470) or CUNY ($6,330). This will be subtracted from the amount of other student financial aid awards. An applicant has or will receive for the academic year, such as a NYS Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) award and/or federal Pell grant.
So, any leftover tuition liabilities up to $5,500 will be paid by the Excelsior Scholarship. And any remaining tuition expenditures not covered by the Excelsior Scholarship will be compensated by a tuition credit.
Eligibility Criteria for Excelsior Scholarship
A candidate must:
- be a New York State resident who has lived in New York State for the previous 12 months prior to the start of the term.
- be a U.S. citizen or a qualified non-citizen.
- have either graduated from high school in the United States, obtained a high school equivalency diploma, or completed a federally recognised. “Ability to Benefit” exam, as specified by the State Education Department’s Commissioner.
- have a total federal adjusted gross income of no more than $125,000.
- enrolled in an undergraduate programme in a SUNY or CUNY college, including community colleges and Cornell University’s and Alfred University’s statutory colleges.
- enroll in at least 12 credits every term and finish at least 30 credits per year (successfully). Applicable to his or her degree programme via continuous study with no breaks in enrollment save for specific verified reasons.
- If he or she attended college previous to the 2019-20 academic year. He or she must have earned at least 30 credits each year (consecutively) related to his or her degree programme before applying for an Excelsior Scholarship.
- be in non-default status on any NYS or federal education loan programme student loan or on the repayment of any NYS award.
- be in conformity with the conditions of the service condition(s) imposed by any earlier NYS award.
- Also, execute a contract promising to reside in New York State for the duration of the award. If employed, to work in New York State throughout that period.
How to apply?
So, If you are enroll in an opportunity programme. The this scholarship programme gives you five years to finish your degree on time (which requires completion of the equivalent of 24 credits each academic year). Before applying, students who are newly enrolling for NYS financial aid under the terms of the DREAM Act. Candidates must first apply for eligibility under the NYS DREAM Act. Further, If you have already qualified under the NYS DREAM Act, you will just need to submit a new application to consider for the Excelsior Scholarship.