Ireland Government Funded Scholarships 2021-2022 for MS & PHD
The Ireland government funded scholarships: Under the Government of Ireland’s International Education Scholarships Programmed, the Higher Education Authority (HEA) is pleased to give the 2021 call. in this program, 60 scholarships will be awarded to talented students who have an offer of a position at a qualifying Irish higher education institution for one year of study at Masters or PhD levels.
Classes will start on September 1st, 2021. The Government of Ireland’s MS Scholarship Programmed to the Department of Further and Higher Education will pay all the expenses and subjects in English will be administered. Via an interesting and competitive scholarship scheme and the Ireland Government Scholarship Participants from around the world of any nationality may apply for the Irish Scholarship.
For the academic year 2021/2022, the Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships will finance approximately a total of 60 scholarships. In Ireland, the Council usually spends in 280 new postgraduate scholarships per year. A total of 1,193 postgraduate scholars have been awarded in 2019 and with over 5,000 individual scholarships to date for outstanding study.
Eligibility Criteria for Ireland Scholarships
- Applicant must have a Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent Master’s degree.
- You must have a bachelor’s degree, a master’s degree or an equivalent doctoral degree.
- Students who are waiting for results may also apply.
- If the results of the Undergraduate Examination are not known at the time of application so the Council may make a provisional offer of a scholarship on condition that the results of the scholar’s bachelor’s degree or equivalent is first-class or upper second-class honors.
Universities Under Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship
- Royal Irish Academy
- The Royal Irish Academy of Music
- Technological University Dublin
- University College Cork
- The University of Limerick
- Waterford Institute of Technology
- The University College Dublin
- University of Dublin, Trinity College
- Dublin City University
- Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies
- Athlone Institute of Technology
- Colaiste Mhuire Marino
- Cork Institute of Technology
- Dublin Dental Hospital
- Dundalk Institute of Technology
- Dun Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design & Technology
- Galway–Mayo Institute of Technology
- The Institute of Technology, Carlo
- Institute of Technology, Silago
- Institute of Technology, Tralee
- Letterkenny Institute of Technology
- Limerick Institute of Technology
- Mary Immaculate College, Limerick
- Maynooth University
- National College of Ireland
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
Fields offered by Ireland Government Scholarships
The purpose of the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programmed of the Irish Research Council is to encourage or wish to undertake Full-Time Degree Masters or Doctorates and in any discipline in the field of the following
- Social Science
Stipend given by Ireland Government Scholarships
- The scholarship is transferred to the successful student’s host higher education institution (HEI) for two payments of EUR 5,000.
- HEI would then put a system in place to pass the money to the receiver of the scholarship.
- The HEI would be forced to grant the student a Complete fee waiver for the academic year like tuition fee and registration charges are waived and it is the minimum matching funding requirement for the scholarship scheme that institutions can provide.
- Total 60 scholarships were expected to be funded by the International Education Scholarships of the Ireland Government.
- 2021/2022 Academic Year.
- Applicants shall have a domicile of origin1 which is not equivalent to the EU/EEA,
- Nice Britain or Switzerland. For another question, please refer to our FAQ.
- explanation on domiciliary of origin.
As requested in the Online Application Tool, the applications must cover the following:
- Qualifications, achievements and/or work experience in academia (40marks)
- Personal Declaration (refer to the Candidate profile) and It is needed for applicants to demonstrate.
- the advantage of being a GOI-IES Scholar to themselves (personally and professionally), to Ireland, as well as their country of origin. (15 trade marks).
- In order to optimize their academic/cultural exchange experience and to raise awareness of the GOI-IES system in Ireland and beyond (15marks) and how they can expand themselves beyond their project/studies to become actively involved in Irish society.
the degree to which they have a long-term interest in Ireland and how they will encourage with Ireland during their time as Scholars and even after as Alumni (15 marks).
- Two references uploaded through the online application portal (please notice that the HEA is not able to accept references submitted via email or other sources outside of the online application portal) (15 marks)
Application Deadline: The deadline for the submission of applications is 5pm (Irish Time) 26 March 2021