|Deadline: 30th June, 2022||Organization: Queen Elizabeth|
|Country: London||Category: Fully Funded|
Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2022 | Free Trip to London
Applications for the Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2022 are now being accepted. So, successful applicants will receive a complimentary trip to London and this is an incredible and historic opportunity announced by Queen Elizabeth by the Royal Commonwealth Society. Also, all entrants and participating schools receive a Certificate of Participation, and the Senior and Junior category winners and runners-up each receive a trip to London for a week of educational and cultural events. For a trip, all expenses will be covered.
Additionally, the Queen Essay competition is open to students from all 52 Commonwealth nations and there are various categories available. So, you can write an essay on any topic they give you and participants from Commonwealth countries divided into two categories for this international writing contest 2022: Senior Category and Junior Category. Hence, the Commonwealth student between the ages of 14 and 18 falls into the Senior Category. Similarly, students under the age of 14 are classified as Juniors. You may also check: Microsoft Internship Summer 2022.
- The competition is open to all Commonwealth nationals and residents, as well as residents of Hong Kong, Ireland, and Zimbabwe.
- Entries must be written entirely in English.
- Entrants must choose a Senior or Junior topic based on their age on June 30, 2022.
- Also, the maximum word count for Senior entries is 1,500 words and 750 words for Junior entries. There is no word count requirement.
- Each participant may submit only one entry.
So, more information and frequently asked questions about the Queen Essay competition can find here.
Awards of Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition
The Lagos State Government is a sponsor of the Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition.
- Medals of gold, silver, and bronze
- A fully funded one-week trip to London for educational and cultural events.
- Participation Certificate
Topics of Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2022
The topic is divided into different categories “the Senior Category and the Junior Category”.
1. Senior Category
For the Senior Category: (born between July 1, 2003 and June 30, 2008 (14-18 years old), maximum word count: 1500 words.
- Hence, consider yourself a Head of Government giving a speech to your counterparts at the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) in Rwanda. Write a speech highlighting what you believe should be the Commonwealth’s top priority for collective action.
- Dedicated to the Commonwealth.
- Also, Your Majesty The Queen was born in the twentieth century, a time of enormous social change propelled by visionary and committed leaders. Consider an inspiring leader from this time period.
- “While experiences have varied across the Commonwealth, stirring examples of courage, commitment, and selfless dedication to duty have demonstrated in every Commonwealth nation and territory, particularly by those working on the frontlines delivering healthcare and other public services in their communities.” Commonwealth Day Message 2021, Her Majesty The Queen Consider yourself to be on the front lines, write about your experience, describing why you serve your community and why it is important. You may also check: World Food Program Internship 2022
2. Junior Category
For Junior category: (Born on or after July 1, 2008 (under 14), maximum word count: 750 words.
- Assume you’re a grandparent in 2022. Tell your grandchildren a bedtime story about a role model.
- In your opinion, what are the best ways for young people to serve the Commonwealth?
- Our Commonwealth family.
- Create a job description for a superhero who is needed in your community to solve a problem.
So, the application deadline for the Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2022 is June 30th, 2022.
After submitting their entry, entrants must send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete identification number and full name
- Name of the school.
- Also, If the submission is not a group submission, provide information about submitting an adult, Complete information about the entrant’s curricular stage.
How to apply for Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition?
Lastly, participate in the competition and the online application can be found here: Click Here to Apply Online.