|Deadline: Varies on Programme||Category: Fully Funded|
|Course Level: Bachelors, Masters, PhD||Location: South Korea|
Korean Government Scholarship 2022 (KGSP) | Fully Funded
Students can now apply online for the 2022-2023 Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP). The Korean government has established its KGSP scholarship programme for overseas students in order to assist international students pursuing higher education in Korea.
This scholarship also aimed to develop positive contacts between Koreans and individuals from other countries. In addition, these scholarships would allow students to attend undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programmes at any university of their choice. Further, South Korea has around 370 official higher education universities. So, just look at Google’s ranking of Korean universities and studying in South Korea will provide you with a plethora of job options. So, graduates from Korean colleges are in great demand by businesses worldwide.
Many people, including the majority of international students, migrate to South Korea for Masters and Ph.D. programmes because of the simple application process, easy scholarships, and professor scholarships. Also, approximately 2,000 students are supported by government scholarships each year. Furthermore, South Korean universities feature amenities comparable to those seen in modern European universities and the list of scholarships in South Korea without IELTS for 2022 is listed below. You may also check: Hong Kong Government Scholarship 2022
List of required Documents for Korean Government Scholarship
To avoid further delays in completing your Korean Scholarship Application, gather the following papers before submitting an application for a KGSP scholarship:
- The highest degree obtained.
- Excellent transcripts of education.
- Employers’ or teachers’ letters of recommendation
- Personal statement or intent declaration (mandatory for only masters and Ph.D. degree applicants).
- MS students must request a study schedule.
- Proposal for research for Ph.D. candidates.
- Motivational letter (for candidates to bachelor’s programmes).
Benefits of Korean Government Scholarship 2022 (KGSP)
Only students who are eligible for this fee, such as those enrolled in a research-based programme, will be eligible for the grant for study and thesis printing.
- Tuition fee coverage (of maximum KRW 5,000,000 per semester)
- An award for proving competence in the Korean language.
- A stipend of up to 240,000 KRW to pay research expenses (per semester)
- A stipend in the range of 500,000 KRW to 800,000 KRW for the printing of the dissertation/thesis. Upon completion of the degree programme, you will get KRW 100,000.
- The awardees’ airfare will cover by the KGSP scholarship.
- It will give the awardees a relocation or resettlement payment of 200,000 KRW.
- KRW 20,000 per month will be provided to cover living and other expenditures.
- Medical insurance will cost 20,000 KRW each month.
- Every three months, KRW 800,000 will grant to each beneficiary to cover the cost of the language training.
Also check: Fulbright Scholarship 2022
Eligibility Criteria to apply for KGSP scholarship
To be eligible for the Korean KGSP Scholarship, you must meet all of the fundamental conditions for applying to the Korean scholarship programme.
- Before coming, the graduate student must have completed his or her master’s or bachelor’s degree.
- The claimant should have a CGPA of at least 80 percent. This CGPA or percentage will come from his or her previous institution.
- Before applying, the candidate must have never attended a Korean educational institution or earned a degree from one. (This includes any bachelor’s, master’s, or Ph.D. degree; high school training is not included.)
- Applicants with a 90 percent result who are presently or have previously had a KGSP grant may reapply. They can apply straight to the university or choose the university pathway.
- The applicant and his or her parents must have been born in a country other than Korea.
- Applicants should not require Korean nationality.
- Applicants must be physically and psychologically stable in order to ensure a healthy stay in Korea for the duration of the degree programme.
- Undergraduate students and applicants must be under the age of 25.
- Graduate students must be under the age of 40 at the time of acceptance.
- Before landing in Korea, undergraduate candidates must have finished all of their elementary, middle, and high school studies.
Procedure to apply for Korean Scholarship (KGSP) 2022
The technique for applying for the South Korean KGSP scholarship is to first locate a Korean institution that provides this scholarship, and then follow the procedures for submitting an application for a KGSP scholarship and admission as outlined by that specific university.
- The Korean university or embassy will submit the documentation to NIIED (only the documents of the shortlisted candidates will sent). This is done to ensure that the selected students are still eligible for the award.
- The documents would review by NIIED, and the receivers would be reported to the embassy or institution.
- The embassy or university will notify applicants of their acceptance or rejection. The scholarship committee does not directly notify the awardees.
- NIIED contacts the Korean Embassy or a local university to propose potential applicants. (Students can apply through the embassy or the university, and they will pick through that platform.)
- Applicants must show the relevant papers to their home country’s embassy or the university to which they have applied.
Also check: French Government Scholarships 2022
Additionally, Please keep in mind that there is no set deadline for applying for the KGSP scholarship in 2022. Also, Each university and embassy has its own deadline and applicants are urged to contact the Korean embassy in their home country.